Hello everyone, I'm Andrew. I am a web developer from Toronto, Canada. I'm currently the Director of Technology for PetFlow.com.
I've been working professionally as a web developer for over 10 years now currently specializing in Ruby on Rails, Node.js and PHP. I also enjoy developing mobile applications (iOS/Android) and single page applications using Angular.js.
- Director of Technology PetFlow.com Toronto, Canada (2012-Present)
- Lead Software Engineer BetterTheWorld.com Toronto, Canada (2010-2012)
- Managing Director Chooey.com Toronto, Canada (2009-2012)
- Lead Software Engineer Global Ad Agency Bangkok, Thailand (2005-2010)
- Software Engineer AzoogleAds Toronto, Canada (2003-2005)
About this site
This blog was a weekend project after deciding to retire my old blog and start fresh, trying to write more frequently about my ventures into development and my quest to commit more to the open source community.
This blog runs on Rails and is hosted by Heroku. All posts are written in markdown and stored via Postgresql. I'm using the new turbolinks library to load pages asynchronously saving some bandwidth and speeding up the client.
The source code for this site is available on GitHub.